Sunday, September 14, 2008

Uncertainty

How do I tell him how I feel?
I'm never sure how my words sound.
He's certainly no poet.
And sometimes he hears only what he wants to.
How do I show him my love?
I'm always worried that he's laughing at me
Without me realizing it.
And sometimes I know that it's true.
He doesn't always get me.
But he tries,
And when he wants to,
He can be the best there is.
But lately,
He doesn't seem to want to try.
Should I make him think there's competition?
No, too dangerous a game.
Should I make him think I'm bored?
He might not even notice.
Should I tell him how I feel?
It'll probably start a fight.
I hate to fight.
I hate to argue.
I always want everyone to like me
To approve of me.
I guess that's why
I hardly ever let myself
Be myself.
Damn, I hate this game.
Why can't we just be in love?
Why does it always have to be a game,
A game that no one can win?
How do I tell him how I feel,
When I'm so confused myself?

© 1991-2009 Samantha Greene

No comments: