Monday, September 15, 2008

A Bad Night

Dozing....
Sleeping...
Dreaming...
Why am I so cold?
Where's the blanket?
Oh, geez, he's wrapped himself
up like a mummy.
Seriously?
All the blankets?
Come on,
just give me one...
Just a corner?
Don't lay there like a rock.
Roll over;
At least let me have the sheet.
Fine.
I'll get one out of the closet.
There.
Warm...
Cozy...
Dozing...
Sleeping...
Dreaming...
What the...?
Wait a minute.
Where the hell's my pillow?
Oh, you've got to be kidding me.
How many pillows do you need?
Come on,
That one's mine.
You've got two of your own.
Don't cuss me in your
mumbling sleep talk.
Give...
Me...
My...
Pillow...
There!
Finally.
So tired....
Just want to doze...
Sleep...
Dream...
Burning up.
Where did all these blankets come from?
What happened?
You got hot and threw yours
over on me?
Come on.
I need some sleep.
Take your damn covers back.
There.
Now I can doze...
Sleep...
Dream...
Cold again.
Wait a minute.
How did you get my blanket?
And where are yours?
In the floor?
How did they get in the floor?
This is ridiculous.
Fine.
I'll get up;
I'll get your blankets off the floor,
and use them.
I'll just get back in bed...
Oh, come on!
You cannot take up
the entire bed!
Get back...
Over on...
Your side...
Damnit.
That's right.
Lay there and snore...
Fine.
I'll sleep on your side.
I'm just so tired...
I can't wait to doze...
Sleep....
Dream....
BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

And that's how the alarm clock got smashed...

© 1991-2009 Samantha Greene

Sadly, this happens about once a week. LOL

No comments: