Saturday, September 20, 2008

untitled

it's no wonder that the shadow dwellers have been stalking
and that the tall men have been walking
with all that's unfolding
its frankly amazing
that i've slept at all
no, i haven't lost my faith
i just set it aside
(as i have often done)
until i can unravel in my mind what i heard
and decide if i can live with it
or if he finally pushed the line
too far
give me a few days
and i'll pick it back up again
but for now
the thoughts running through my mind
make it hard to be a christian
and the tall men
say it's not over
who am i to argue
with them?
so i listen
when they say to wait
when they say
he will show
his true colors soon
explore and learn, he says
but he is not facing them
talk to them, she says
but she is not facing
these things that whisper truth
yet hide from sight

© 1991-2009 Samantha Greene

Another one that I'm not sure why I didn't publish...September 08

No comments: