Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Credo Novus

I believe in the Father
In the Son
And in the Holy Ghost.

I believe all things come from above
But are often distorted here below.

I believe all things are good
Until humans pervert them.

I believe we all are meant for greatness
Though few of us achieve it.

I believe love heals all wounds
Even though it's often the cause.

I believe some things are never meant to be said
And some things were never meant to be hidden.

I believe we are unworthy for all we receive
But should be grateful beyond measure for what we have.

I believe tomorrow
Can be better than today.

I believe none of us are perfect
But we are all worth saving.

I believe my life was written
Long before I was born.

I believe a time will come when we all
Will be held accountable.

And I believe that on that day,
I will have someone to speak for me.

I believe in The Word
Both written and living.

And I believe He will always love me
No matter how little I deserve it.

© 1991-2009 Samantha Greene

No comments: