Sunday, September 14, 2008

Pagan Soul

Her light calls to me;
The full moon song carried on the night's wind.
I must sleep....
Her light covers everything,
Making this night as bright as day.
I should sleep...
Her magic falls on the forest outside my window
And I cannot resist her call.
I cannot sleep...
I want to run through the fields,
Singing to this moon,
Singing to the trees.
I want to find the circle in the forest
And build a fire taller than the trees.
I want to dance for her,
I want to sing for her.
I want to give in to the blood
Coursing through my veins.
My blood knows the old songs;
My blood knows the old dances.
My soul cries out
Begging for freedom.
Release me from my chains;
Let me live as I was meant to.
I want to give into her magic;
I want to let her weave a spell around me.
I want to call up the power
I have so long denied.
I want to be myself again.
I want to give myself to you,
And let you fill me with your power.
I want to dance beneath
This magic moon with you.
I want to worship you with my body,
I want to feed you with my soul;
And let the world
Of right and wrong,
Expectations and responsibilities
Melt away
In the fire of our love.

© 1991-2009 Samantha Greene

No comments: