Wednesday, August 27, 2008

If That Was All...

If all I could ever have
Was just to be near you
To feel your presence beside me
To feel your warmth near me
To be close to you
Yet never have you touch me
To be with you
If that was all I could have
It would be enough

If I could only look into your eyes
Without you ever seeing me
Just to stare into those kind, loving eyes
To get lost in them
If that was all I could do
It would still be heaven

If I could only hear you call my name
The sound of it on your lips
To hear it spoken with love
With compassion
If that was my only comfort
It would be more than I could ever hope for

If I had to love you
Without you ever knowing
Or even caring
Just to love you would be enough

If I could only have you hold me
Have you stroke my hair
And comfort me
Have you tell me everything's all right
If that was all I had in life
I could live forever
With you beside me
Never needing food or sleep
Because you are my strength
Your love makes my life perfect
And you make me perfect

I love you

8 March 1995

No comments: