Thursday, April 29, 2010

Speedy

Driving home from work
I passed an old man
In an old brown and tan Ford
And in that heartbeat I was
Sitting between you and my dad
Toot toot...
Still too little to see over the dash
Don't mess with my toot toot...
Sipping on the soda that Daddy said you couldn't buy me
You can have another woman...
And singing along with you and the radio while Daddy laughed at us
But don't mess with my toot toot...
How I miss you sometimes.

I hope that you know that I've never forgotten what you taught me...
Curiousity should be nurtured and fed...
Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it isn't true...
The stars still shine just as brightly though hidden by the clouds...
Some of the worst people can become some of the best people if they have the right motivation...
And though blood is thicker than water, love is thicker than blood.


© 1991-2010 Samantha Greene

No comments: