Friday, January 30, 2009

Untitled

Sometimes when I'm alone and have a quiet moment to think
I wonder what my life would be like if you had known how to love me
Sometimes I wonder who I'd be today if you had been
What all children should have and not what you were
Would I be half as strong
If I hadn't had to treat you
As if you were a child?
Would I still know right from wrong
If I hadn't watched you
Manipulate and lie?
Would I still fear being the center of attention
If I hadn't watched you
Create such horrendous scenes?
Would I still pretend I wasn't sick
If I hadn't seen you
Pretend to commit suicide so many times
Just for attention?
Would I still be so obsessed with being in control
If I hadn't seen you lose yours
So many times?
Would I still be so obsessed with being loved
If I hadn't spent so many years
Fighting for love from you?
And how do I forgive you for all that you've done
When in your own mind
You never did anything wrong?

© 1991-2009 Samantha Greene

No comments: