Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Untitled

You tell me that you love me and baby I know that it's true
But somehow there never seems to be enough of me for you
I wish you could be faithful and I wish you could be true
But how can you love me and act the way you do?

You tell me that you're innocent and you haven't done me wrong
But don't you know that I have been watching all along?
You're thinking that you've fooled me and that I could never know
But baby can't you see I just gave you enough rope

So when you're standing lonely and you wonder where I've gone
Maybe you can tell yourself that you did nothing wrong
But when I came to talk to you and ask you for the truth
Baby I already held in my hands all the proof.

Don't you think I see? Don't you think I know?
Baby, no matter how I love you, I can let you go
I'm tired of this fighting when it always ends the same
And I'm tired of trying to play a no-win game


The saddest part is that you don't know the truth could set you free
If only just this once you could put your trust in me
But instead you give me lies that I can see right through
And cry crocodile tears as you try to hide the truth
So baby, if lies are going to be all that I ever get
I have to say it's over; You win; No more, I quit.

© 1991-2009 Samantha Greene

No comments: